Unleash your culinary prowess with Plum Perfect Pork Delight with Halloumi Magic. A fusion of grilled pork, honeyed plums, and halloumi that’s simply irresistible.
- 2 Pork fillets (size may vary, aim for 200g per serve)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lemons, halved with seeds removed
- 1 orange, halved with seeds removed
- 4 ripe medium plums
- 8 planks of halloumi
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons torn oregano
- Prepare your grill, skillet, or BBQ for medium-high heat.
- Place the halved lemons, orange, plums, and halloumi on a tray. Drizzle them with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Generously season the pork fillets with salt and pepper.
- Grill the pork fillets over medium to high heat, turning occasionally until an instant-read thermometer reads an internal temperature of 55°C.
- Remove the pork from the grill and allow it to rest for 6 minutes.
- While the pork is resting, grill the lemons, oranges, plums, and halloumi until the plums begin to release their juices.
- Remove the grilled items from under the grill. Carefully squeeze the juice from the orange into a pan, and add the lemons. Also, add the stock to the pan.
- Discard the orange skins, but add the lemon skins to the pan with the juice. Include the honey, thyme, and oregano.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately add the grilled plums and butter. Stir the pan until the butter has melted, then remove it from the heat.
- Slice the pork fillets and add them to the plums.
- Divide the dish between plates and garnish it with the grilled halloumi.